The latest update to Showbie, now a staple app in our school, is the ability for students and teachers to add multiple audio clips over the top of a PDF or image. This immediately offers more options for precise audio placement than the existing standalone audio comment which is separate from the work itself.
A few possibilities spring to mind:
- Teacher records separate clips of a question bank, students reply with their answer right next to the teacher’s clip
- Teacher records a dialogue in small chunks, students have to put them in correct order, then transcribe
- Same as above, but with number sequence, verb conjugations
- Students submit photo or drawing ie floor plan of their house and place a recording in each area of the house. We used Thinglink for this before but it was fiddly. This way will be easier for students to create and also easier for teachers to give feedback
- Teacher distributes photo prompt and students describe various elements of the photo..great for the IGCSE photo description task
- As above, but beginner students label and speak vocabulary elements on an image, ie the always popular pencil case items…
- Teacher distributes image or PDF of an exam qn, student writes or types their answer with an accompanying audio explaining their thinking. I could see this working for any subject area.
- In Music classes, teachers can have examples of music genres that students must match up
- Students can make their own Music genre mashup
Any ideas you can think of? Please share!